Job Location: 1330 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
Job Description: Macrogen Clinical Laboratory (MCL), Macrogen Corp. in Rockville, MD is seeking a Computational Scientist/Bioinformatician to work on implementing pipeline, computational analysis and/or interpretation for clinical genomic samples associated with cancer and rare diseases of high throughput NGS (DNA/RNA) data. Computational language expertise such as Java, Python, or Perl programming and proficiency in Linux environment are required. Grid/cloud computing familiarity and database experience are desirable.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Master (+ 3 year or more experience using genomic data analysis)/PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Systems Biology (genomics area) or relevant field required
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting
- Strong large genomic data analysis experience using Python/Perl/Java and/or R
- Experience in high throughput data analysis using DNA/RNA data and cancer data including but not limited to panels, transcriptome analysis, whole exome sequencing and whole genome sequencing with bioinformatics tools (e.g., BWA, GATK, ISAAC, etc.)
- Ability to maintain, validate, and develop an analytical pipeline
- Familiar with biological database such as NCBI, UCSC, and Ensembl
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills for team work
- Experience with software development is a plus
How to apply: Please e-mail all resumes / cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with email title “[Application] Senior Associate Data Analysist”.