Job Location: 1330 Piccard Dr., Rockville, MD 20850
Job information: Full time (initial contract is 1 year as a probation period and extensions are available based on performance)
Open Period: open until filled
Macrogen Clinical Laboratory (MCL) in Rockville, MD is seeking a Computational Scientist to work on computational analysis and interpretation for clinical genomic samples associated with cancer and rare diseases of high throughput NGS (DNA/RNA) data. Software engineering expertise such as Java, Python, or Perl programming and proficiency in Linux environment are required. Grid/cloud computing familiarity and database experience are desirable.
- PhD in Statistical genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Systems Biology or any relevant area
- Strong data analysis experience using Python/Perl/Java and R
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience
- Experience in high throughput data analysis using DNA/RNA data and cancer data including but not limited to panels, whole exome sequencing and whole genome sequencing
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Please send CV and a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the appropriate title in the subject line.