NGS Laboratory Technician
Department: NGS Laboratory
Job Location: 1330 Piccard Drive; Rockville, MD 20850
Job Description: MacrogenUSA is a fast-growing biotechnology company with a focus on DNA sequencing. It is the responsibility of the laboratory technician to perform routine tests using laboratory equipment. Paid training will be provided but the job requires knowledge of basic science to learn techniques/methods. It is important that the technician also understands the role of senior lab members and is able to accept constructive guidance. Primary duties include:
- Operating a computer-based laboratory system, recording data, and performing laboratory tests. Experimental procedures include: molecular biology techniques such as bacteria cell cultures, isolation of DNA, gel electrophoresis, and PCR. Duties involve much micropipetting and meticulous measuring.
- Interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services and analysis results.
- Preparing solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Monitoring equipment performance and maintenance schedules. May perform routine repair or replacement of standard parts.
- Monitoring inventory levels and orders material and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Biology majors or relevant major are preferred.
- Organized and keen attention to details
How to apply: Please e-mail all resumes / cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with email title “[Application] NGS Lab Technician”.