CES Laboratory Technician
Department: CES Laboratory
Job Location: Rockville, MD; New York, NY; Cambridge, MA
Job Description: MacrogenUSA is a fast-growing biotechnology company with a focus on DNA sequencing. We are currently searching for a motivated Lab Technician who is able to work full-time at our branch in Rockville (MD), New York (NY), or Cambridge (MA). It is the responsibility of the laboratory technician to perform routine tests using laboratory equipment. Paid training will be provided but the job requires knowledge of basic science to learn techniques/methods. It is important that the technician also understands the role of senior lab members and is able to accept constructive guidance. Primary duties include:
- Operating a computer-based laboratory system, recording data, and performing laboratory tests. Experimental procedures include: molecular biology techniques such as bacteria cell cultures, isolation of DNA, gel electrophoresis, and PCR. Duties involve much micropipetting and meticulous measuring.
- Interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services and analysis results.
- Preparing solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Monitoring equipment performance and maintenance schedules. May perform routine repair or replacement of standard parts.
- Monitoring inventory levels and orders material and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Biology majors or relevant major are preferred.
- Organized and keen attention to details
How to apply: Please e-mail all resumes / cover letters to email@example.com with email title “[Application] Lab Technician”.